Friday, October 28, 2011

Back in Black

I was only back from the Dar/Bagamoyo trip for one day before going back to the UAACC for a much-needed break.  I know it sounds ridiculous to need a break after a week of vacation, but vacationing with 25 people isn’t exactly relaxing (although I did really enjoy it).  Going back to see Pete and Charlotte for a night was actually more relaxing than the whole week of vacation. 


I don’t want to write too much, because I still have an entire blog entry to do about my safari, which I think is going to be a long one, but the UAACC is such a cool place and the people there are so great, that I need to at least say a few things.  I know I wrote about it a little bit before, but the UAACC is a community development organization that simultaneously runs a ton of programs, including art, music, computer science, English and language classes, and its own orphanage with 21 orphans.  When we first arrived, we played basketball with a few of the kids for over an hour.  I think it was the best part of the whole stay.  As soon as we got there, Charlotte (aka Mama C) told us to make ourselves at home, but actually really means it.  It is so relaxing and comfortable to be there, and we freely just walked around, stopped in and chatted with people, played with kids, and enjoyed just being there.   We spent the night, had breakfast and lunch the next day, hung out in the recording studio again, and returned to Arusha later that afternoon.  It was an excellent, quick and relaxing getaway. 









No comments:

Post a Comment